New York City, NY or Vancouver, BC
About Pahdo Labs
As a senior software engineer on the UGC Platform and Live Services team, you will be building and owning backend services, user-facing and internal game creation tools, and software infra that powers our cloud-based level creation and modding platform. You will help invent a social and creative experience that empowers players to build playable experiences that they’re proud of.
We strive for a high standard of engineering quality and are solving unique software design and scalability challenges. You will have an outsized impact at a Series A gaming startup, joining a team of engineers from Google, Microsoft, Dropbox, Robinhood, and other top tech companies.
- Build, test, and release level creation tools, AI programming tools, and backend services
- Architect solutions with engineers and artists to solve UX and scalability challenges
- Be a force multiplier to the team: mentor junior engineers, push process or code quality improvements, and be a subject matter expert
- Finish your mission and tasks with autonomy and be scrappy if necessary
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to ship code quickly and build software with a product-first approach
- Strong problem-solving ability and willingness to iterate based on feedback
- 5+ years of experience in engineering roles
- Desire to own key pieces of the product and see the real-world impact of your code
- Familiarity with working with distributed systems and cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with modern programming languages such as Go, C#, C++, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as PostgreSQL and distributed key-value stores
- Past experience or willingness to learn game and UI programming in Godot Engine
- Familiarity with web frameworks such as React and concepts such as unidirectional data flow
- Love of games, especially creative games like Minecraft, MMOs like WoW Classic, or isometric action games like Hades
- Specific passion for empowering creators to do their best work and turn their imaginations into reality
Description of Your Work
- You will be building a UGC platform on top of a massively multiplayer role-playing game
- You will work in a modern software tech stack using Go, C#, Postgres, gRPC, Kubernetes, and an open source game engine (Godot)
- You will work in a tight-knit engineering team, collaborating with designers and artists in order to develop a product with state-of-the-art UI/UX
- Salary Range: $105,000 - $180,000
- Unlimited paid time off with 2-week vacation minimum
- 100% employer-paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for the employee
- Flexible work culture
If interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, and links to any portfolios that you can share!