New York City, NY
About Pahdo Labs
We are a gaming startup building an anime-inspired creative RPG, mixing our favorite aspects of fighting games, role-playing games, and game making tools into one seamless social experience. We have raised over $17.5M in seed and Series A funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Pear VC, BoxGroup, Neo, Zynga founder Mark Pincus, Eventbrite founder Kevin Hartz, and Cyan Banister.
We are seeing an explosion of interest in anime in the west: Jujutsu Kaisen, Genshin Impact, and collaborations in League of Legends/Fortnite are early indicators of a greater trend. As anime fans ourselves, we are incredibly excited to be building a 3D isometric action RPG with an anime-inspired theme, where players can create their levels and game modes in our multiplayer world.
As a senior gameplay engineer at Pahdo Labs, you will leverage your expertise in game prototyping, UI, and multiplayer game infrastructure to help us develop an isometric ARPG inspired by the combat feel of Hades. This is a rare opportunity to play a crucial role in helping build a highly ambitious multiplayer title from scratch.
You will build prototypes, tools, and gameplay systems that will help us find the fun and deliver an exceptional gameplay experience to our players. You will have an outsized impact at a Series A gaming startup, joining a team of engineers from Google, Microsoft, Dropbox, Robinhood, and other top tech companies.
- Collaborate with our game design and art teams to create prototypes and game design tools
- Help deliver fun and engaging experiences for our players by iterating on internal and external player feedback
- Be a force multiplier to the team: mentor junior engineers, push process or code quality improvements, and be a subject matter expert
- Finish your mission and tasks with autonomy and be scrappy if necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to ship code quickly and build software with a product-first approach
- 5+ years of experience in engineering roles at a games company
- Desire to own key pieces of the product and see the real-world impact of your code
- Familiarity with working with distributed systems and cloud infrastructure
- 8+ years of experience in engineering roles at a games company
- Familiarity with modern programming languages such as Go, C#, C++, Python, etc.
- Past experience or willingness to learn game and UI programming in Godot Engine
- Love of games, especially creative games like Minecraft, MMOs like WoW Classic, or isometric action games like Hades
Description of Your Work
- You will be building a massively multiplayer role-playing game with fast-paced action combat
- You will work in a modern software tech stack using Go, C#, Postgres, gRPC, Kubernetes, and an open source game engine (Godot)
- You will work in a tight-knit engineering team, collaborating with designers and artists to deliver the most fun experiences possible
- Unlimited paid time off with 2-week vacation minimum
- 100% employer-paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for the employee
- Salary Range: $95,000 - $170,000
- Flexible team culture
If interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, and links to any portfolios that you can share!