Remote or New York, NY
About Pahdo Labs
We are a gaming startup building an Anime-themed massively multiplayer dungeon building RPG game, blending the best qualities of top-notch action games, role-playing games, and game creation tools into one beautiful social experience. We have raised over $17.5M in seed and Series A funding from a16z GPs Andrew Chen, Jon Lai, and James Gwertzman, as well as BoxGroup, Neo, Pear, Zynga founder Mark Pincus, Kevin Hartz, and Cyan Banister.
We are seeing an explosion of interest in Anime in the US: Attack on Titan, Genshin Impact, League of Legends (Battle Academia skins) are early indicators of a greater long-term trend. As Anime fans ourselves, we are incredibly excited to be building a 2.5D multiplayer world with an Anime-inspired theme, where players can make their own islands and games (starting with dungeons!) within a single shared world, and add custom art and stories to their creations.
As a Software Engineer at Pahdo Labs, you will be working with a small cross-functional core team building and owning backend services, game code, and software infrastructure that powers our multiplayer online game and content creation tools. You will help shape the direction of the wondrous and dream-like social and creative experience we are building for our players.
We strive for a high standard of engineering quality and are solving unique software design and scalability challenges. You will have an outsized impact at a Series A gaming startup, joining a team of engineers from Robinhood, Microsoft, Dropbox, Salesforce, and other top tech companies.
- Build, test, and release core game features
- Architect solutions with other engineers to solve UX, gameplay, and scalability challenges and implement them end-to-end
- Make trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale
- Finish your mission and tasks with autonomy and be scrappy if necessary
- An entrepreneurial drive, independence, and self-motivation
- Experience as an engineer in a production environment through past internships, and/or experience having built and deployed your own projects
- Love of games, especially sandbox games like Minecraft, MMORPGs like World of Warcraft, and 2D isometric games like Dofus, Hades, and Tree of Savior
- Pursuing a bachelor's or graduate degree in Computer Science with practical experience from internships, side projects, or school projects
- Expertise in a modern programming language such as Go, Python, C#, etc.
- Past experience with or willingness to learn modern game engines (Unity, Godot)
- Working knowledge of database technologies such as PostgreSQL
- Familiarity working with distributed systems and cloud infrastructure (GCP)
- Unlimited paid time off with 2-week vacation minimum
- 100% employer-paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for the employee
- Competitive tech industry pay
- Flexible and remote work culture
If interested, please email us at email@example.com with a resume, and links to any portfolios that you can share!